Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Floats, the beads and the Gore?










I love a parade, the floats, the beads, a lot of drinking and most of the people. The highlight of the year is attending the Gasparilla parade. The one thing that I found is that people tend to become assholes not only when drinking but while fighting for those front spots on the road. We have always gone to the parade and stand at the same spot every year. Over time, I have come to realize a dream ( I think it was after some drunken idiot decided that every time I got good beads, he would pat me on my shoulder [that I just had major surgery on] to tell me good job.) I dream of walking down the street with my Husqvarna brush cutter with the 10’ saw blade and cutting every asshole at the ankles. I could cut right through the ankle in seconds flat. I may only get twenty or so people but if it is only prove a point- people should be patient and everyone will get beads. Title 18, United States Code, Section 113(a)(6) and (4) of the Department of Justice Penal code, states “assault resulting in serious bodily injury and one count of assault by striking, beating or wounding,” it further defines “that a person who is convicted for aggravated assault, possession of a firearm by a felon, or burglary of a conveyance shall be sentenced to a minimum term of imprisonment of 3 years if such person possessed a "firearm" or "destructive device" during the commission of the offense. “

I like to say most yard equipment is not as let’s just say a great way to silence those who disturb you, but with the exception of my blower, they all can do serious damage. I have found using high quality yard equipment is essential in working on large pieces of property. I prefer Husqvarna and Stihl equipment. When you hear, “you get what you pay for,” it is true. These brands are a little pricy but when you compare to your everyday Walmart brand, it is a difference between night and day. I have used the cheaper brands and burned them up in less than 20 minutes. Even the regular homeowner who works every so often on their property will find the investment is worth it. The better heavy duty brands are made for longevity and hard work. They also will last for many years to come as long as they are maintained. On my property, I use the brush cutter, a weed eater, stick trimmer, chain saw and a blower. I am comfortable to know I will have no worries with equipment failure and if a neighbor pisses me off, I will be able to take care of the problem. Afterwards, you find the importance of a good shovel.

Another one of my favorites, is my Gravely, bush hog. It will shred a Lhasa Apso in less than thirty seconds and tear up small trees quickly. I use it in the woods and also to cut thicker grassy areas. You can compare a Gravely to a riding more with 100 times more power.


Over all, I encourage anyone that actually do their own work on their properties to spend the extra money on the better equipment and reduce the frustrations of having to replace the junk on a regular basis. Look around, every landscape business have nothing but the best for the durability and ease of use. Most of all to use as a way to release your frustration and worries. When I look at the US penal code and think of the damage I can do with my equipment, I weight the options. Would it be worth the punishment? As I sit here and ponder that question, I think to myself-yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment